The Interactive/IFS Couples group is for couples who want to enhance their relationship, learn to communicate skillfully, resolve conflicts, and deepen their intimacy.
An Interactive Group can help you . . .
- Develop your capacity for intimacy and learn how to make a love relationship work
- Become more assertive
- Learn what you may be doing to keep your relationships from being satisfying
- Learn how to deal with anger and conflict constructively
- Become part of a loving community of people
- Raise your self-esteem
You can learn these relationship skills:
- Being in touch with your feelings and expressing them
- Speaking for your parts, not acting them out
- Reaching out to others confidently
- Saying “No” firmly
- Allowing yourself to be open and vulnerable
- Expressing yourself forcefully and spontaneously
- Being comfortable relating to a group of people
- Asking for what you really want
- Having the courage to bring up difficult issues
- Empathizing with others
- You work directly on how you are relating to the other group members and your partner in the moment.
- You get direct and honest feedback on how people are reacting to you.
- The group provides a safe place for you to try out new, healthy ways of relating to your partner.
- You learn how to feel your emotional responses and identify the parts that are activated while interacting with your partner and other group members
- You learn how communicate openly, clearly, and assertively.
- You discover your ways of relating that aren’t working for you, so you can experiment with changing them in the group.
- You see other people struggling with problems similar to yours, and through this you learn about yourself and others.
- There is a strong sense of support for each person and a warm feeling of community in the group.
You will be doing interactive work with your partner and also with the other members of the group. When you do interact with your partner, you will get feedback afterwards from the other group members, so you can learn more about the dynamics of your relationship. You will also learn about your interpersonal patterns through the work you do with other group members, which will help you in your relationship.
I will periodically do some teaching about IFS, communication in conflict situations, and how parts trigger each other iinn couple’s arguments.
If you are having serious problems in your relationship, this group is not for you. Couples therapy would be more appropriate.
The groups meet by videoconference, so we all can see each other, which enhances the group connection. The groups meet twice a month, and you meet with me for an individual consultation on the group every 3 months. Each meeting is recorded, so if you miss one, you can watch the recording.
The groups are limited to 8 people. It is ongoing, so once you join, you are expected to attend all sessions until you choose to leave, though each session is recorded, so if you have to miss one, you can watch the recording.
Second and fourth Thursdays of each month
4:30-6:30 pm pacific time (7:30-9:30 pm eastern)
Starts Oct. 13
Cost: $120/month/person, including consultations
Email me at email@example.com for more information or to schedule a free pre-group interview.