Finding Your Life Purpose as a Contribution to the Great Turning
Jay Earley, PhD
The world is in serious trouble—climate change, terrorism, the rise of fascism, mass shootings, massive income inequality, and so on. Would you like to make a difference in the world? If you are inclined toward activism or electoral politics, these are important ways to contribute. But many people think that unless they want to be an activist, there is no way to help. However, there are many other ways to help change our society, and this course will help you to understand them.
This course will help you to make a difference in the world, by following your passion, by finding your life purpose. We will look at the big picture, understanding how humanity is going through what many people are calling The Great Turning, a transformation of every aspect of our society and culture. We will see how this is part of the overall evolution of the universe.
We will discuss the healthy society we are moving toward during this planetary transition and explore the multitude of ways that you can make a contribution to creating this new society. And you will have a chance to discover and actualize your life purpose as an agent of social transformation.
Click here to read an article about the planetary crisis and the Great Turning and how you can contribute.
Click here to for a variety of other readings on finding your social contribution.
The course won’t just consist of lectures. It will be interactive and experiential. And it will be done by videoconference so we can all see each other. Activities will include:
- Discussing these issues with me and the group
- Engaging in experiential exercises
- Sharing in pairs and triads
- Pairing up for homework exercises and sharing
- Exploring the parts of you that get triggered by the world situation, and learning to respond from Self.
- Inner exploration of your passion and calling.
- IFS work on blocks to vision or action
- Collaborating with class members with similar interests
- Supporting each other in following through on your action plans
Here is a summary of the topics for the classes:
- Evolution and the Great Turning
- Waking up from the cultural trance
- Envisioning a transformed society
- Averting dangers and stopping suffering. Joining the movement for social transformation.
- Orientation to your life purpose
- Discovering your life purpose/social contribution
- Honing in on your life purpose/social contribution
- Actualizing your life purpose/social contribution
- Working through psychological blocks and developing healthy capacities
- Following through on action, finding support
I may be assisted in teaching these courses by friends and colleagues who have thought about these issues and who have found their contributions to social transformation.
Ten two-hour classes
Two courses are currently in progress and new ones will start early in 2017.
Email me at email@example.com if you are interested.
Each class will be recorded, so you watch any that you miss.
I also offer free seminars that explore these issues in a short, two-hour format. If you are on my email list, you will be notified of upcoming seminars and classes.
In addition to my books and classes on IFS and self-therapy, I published Transforming Human Culture: Social Evolution and the Planetary Crisis. In the past, I was active with Interhelp and Psychotherapists for Social Responsibility, and I am now involved with the Pachamama Alliance. In the past, I did Life Purpose Coaching and trained coaches in my approach.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know (1) which course you are enrolling for, and (2) your phone number for the contact list.