The Interactive Training Group is for therapists, coaches, and other helping professionals. One group serves two functions:
- It provides training and supervision on leading Interactive Groups and IFS groups.
- It is an Interactive Group for therapists/coaches who want to be in a group with other therapists/coaches.
Click here for a complete description of Interactive Groups.
In addition to the usual Interactive Group work, I teach about leading groups using our group as an example. You have opportunities to ask questions and get supervision on groups that you are leading or starting. The text for the group is my book, Interactive Group Therapy. We discuss the following topics:
- How to structure a group
- Developmental stages of a group
- Group process
- Facilitating interactions
- Incorporating IFS in group work
- Dealing with reactions to the group leader
- When the leader’s parts get triggered
- Interviewing new group members
- Dealing with difficult group members
- Group roles
- Group consultations
Second and Fourth Wednesdays of each month
10am – 12 noon pacific time (1-3pm eastern, 6-8pm UK)
Starts Feb. 10
You meet with me for a free pre-group interview to see if the group is a good fit for your professional and personal needs.
Then you can try out the group for a month and then decide whether to continue.
For more information or a free pre-group interview, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jay Earley, PhD, is known for his innovation in the group field. He is the author of Interactive Group Therapy: Integrating Interpersonal, Action-Oriented, and Psychodynamic Approaches. During his ten years on the east coast, Jay was Director of the Group Therapy Center of Long Island, where he trained group leaders in this method. He has written a number of articles on interactive groups and made numerous presentations at regional and national psychotherapy conferences.
Jay is also an expert on Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS). He is the author of Self-Therapy, Freedom from Your Inner Critic, and many other IFS books and audio products. He has taught IFS to both therapists and the general public for many years.