In my ongoing Advanced IFS Classes, you learn intermediate and advanced techniques and understandings that go beyond what I teach in the Basic and Exiles Courses.
I lead demonstration IFS sessions with volunteers from the class, and you practice with ea Advanced Ongoing IFS Classes, you learn intermediate and advanced techniques and understandings that go beyond what I teach in the Basic and Exiles Courses.ch other in pairs for homework. In addition, the whole group works together on important psychological issues such as procrastination, the inner critic, depression, eating issues, and more.
There are separate classes for therapists and coaches, which include advanced training and consultation on IFS.
Typical Topics Covered
- Resolving polarization—conflicts between parts
- Managers and firefighters
- What to do if a part won’t talk with you
- Updating protectors about your capacities
- Negotiating for Self-leadership with protectors
- Legacy burdens
- Self-like parts
- Disowned parts (exiles without burdens)
- Protector subparts of exiles
- Somatic awareness in IFS
- Unattached burdens (malevolent entities)
- Spiritual guides
- Types of parts that block the therapy process
- Embodying and integrating transformed exiles
- Advanced reparenting techniques
- Working with Inner Critics
- Resolving Eating Issues
- Working with Anger in IFS
- Working with pain or medical conditions using IFS
Topics Mainly of Interest to Professionals
- The therapist-client relationship in IFS therapy
- Recognizing and dealing with transference patterns in clients
- Recognizing your countertransference patterns
- Recognizing when you’re not in Self with a client; staying in Self with difficult parts
- Working with trauma
- Direct access
- Introducing IFS to new clients
- Working with clients who resist IFS
- Working with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- What to do when therapeutic change doesn’t happen
There are 3 classes, including a new one for therapists and coaches.
New Advanced IFS Class For Therapists and Coaches
Second and fourth Tuesdays of each month
For therapists and coaches
9:30-11:30 am pacific time (12:30-2:30 eastern, 5:30-7:30 UK)
Starts Jan. 24, 2017
Click here for detailed information, topics covered, schedule of all classes, and how to join.