Please write down the following for each of the Inner Critic parts you have. Don’t worry if you can’t answer all the questions. You will learn a lot more about each of the Critics as the course goes on.
- Name of the Critic
- Image of the Critic
- What the Critic judges you for
- How the Critic judges you
- Which type of Critic it is. It could be more than one.
- How this Critic affects your feelings, your actions, and your life.
- Anything else you know about it.
Here is an example:
- Name: Berater
- Image: Schoolmarm pointing her finger at me
- It tells me that I’m lazy and will never amount to anything
- It yells at me with an exasperated tone.
- Type: Taskmaster
- It makes me feel like I’m inadequate, and I often give up on what I’m working on. This has made it hard for me to move forward in finding a good career.
If you feel comfortable sharing your responses with the other participants in the class, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include whatever you like. This will go out to everyone and people can respond to you. You can also see other people’s responses and converse about them.